Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscars 2010: Official Picks

Unexpected yard work this morning and a good long talk with Momo means that I don't really have much time to do a wrap up on the other categories. I still have my initial-viewing notes on a lot of them, though, so I may share those as a filler sometime in the near future. For now, I'll just post my predictions and we'll see how I do, huh? Rivalry is intense in the little pool that I've been in the last couple of years. Threats have been made. Like the Oscars, we may have to change how we tabulate the scores in the future. Whatever, I never win. I know I'm going to be wrong on a couple of these, but I would rather root for the person I want to see win sometimes rather than actually be right.

Best Picture: Avatar
Best Director: Quentin Tarantino for Inglourious Basterds
Best Actor: Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart
Best Actress: Gabourey Sidibe for Precious
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz for Inglourious Basterds
Best Supporting Actress: MoNique for Precious
Best Original Screenplay: Inglourious Basterds: Quentin Tarantino
Best Adapted Screenplay: In the Loop: Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci, Tony Roche
Cinematography: Avatar: Mauro Fiore
Editing: Inglourious Basterds
Art Direction: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Costume Design: The Young Victoria
Original Score: Fantastic Mr. Fox
Original Song: Crazy Heart: T-Bone Burnett, Ryan Bingham("The Weary Kind")
Best Makeup: Star Trek: Barney Burman, Mindy Hall, Joel Harlow
Best Sound Mixing: Inglourious Basterds: Michael Minkler, Tony Lamberti, Mark Ulano
Best Sound Editing: Avatar: Christopher Boyes, Gwendolyn Yates Whittle
Best Visual Effects: Avatar: Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham, Andy Jones
Best Animated Feature Film: Fantastic Mr. Fox: Wes Anderson
Best Foreign Language Film: Un prophete (France)
Best Documentary Feature: Food, Inc.: Robert Kenner, Elise Pearlstein
Best Documentary Short: The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant (TV): Steven Bognar, Julia Reichert
Best Live Action Short: The New Tenants: Joachim Back, Tivi Magnusson
Best Animated Short: Wallace and Gromit in 'A Matter of Loaf and Death (TV): Nick Park

1 comment:

  1. Way to get the Live Action Short, though! No, seriously, I like where your head was at on a lot of these, particularly Mr Fox and Parnassus, but I do encourage you to see The Cove if you haven't already...I, too, adored Food Inc. but The Cove was I think an even just-slightly-better-made film, and also heartbreakingly good message etc.
    YAY OSCARS DAY!

    ReplyDelete